Capital Solutions has assisted many types of businesses ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500, in diverse industries, including manufacturing, technology, financial services, transportation, building and construction, health care, and other professional services.
Most of our clients generate between $5M and $100M in annual revenue and have, or are considering the acquisition of, a base of tangible assets. Our clients are located throughout the United States, with a heavy concentration in the Midwest region. Read below to learn about some of the results we've helped clients achieve recently.
Local restauranteurs were looking for a new location in a growing area of the Kansas City marketplace. Capital Solutions worked with the city to secure a city-owned building that was on the historical registry. Having familiarity with tax incentives, we struck the following transaction that has turned into a tremendous success for the client and the city!
- Total project cost including building acquisition of approximately $1.8MM
- State and Federal tax credits secured in the transaction of approximately $500,000 which flowed back to ownership
- Secured tax abatements for the 1st 5 years of operations of approximately $20,000/annually
- Secured 25 years financing for the real estate asset and all improvements
35 Year Old Crane Rental Company
Long established crane rental company needed to be refinanced in the middle of the financial crisis in 2012. Their bank failed and the loan was tied to a lost share arrangement with the FDIC meaning that their acquiring bank could not help. The company had an abundance of collateral which led to a restructured transaction which transformed the company and secured its future.
- We used the SBA 504 refinance program which was a 'new use' for the program at the time
- The restructured debt service at the time saved the company better than $500,000 annually. This represented 10% of the company's then $5.0M in annual revenues.
- The transaction was so impactful to the company that the CDC that issued the 504 bonds, submitted it to the United States Congress to allow for utilizing the 504 program for the refinance of debt in the future. The program was authorized by Congress for the use in refinancing in 2016